Old Colony Depot, Truro/Pink door

Please enter a quantity.

Description

This is a 12 x 12 oil painting of the old Truro railroad depot and is framed with weathered wood strips. The Old Colony rail was extended from Wellfleet to Provincetown in 1873, a distance of 14 miles. It carried summer visitors, artists and writers, the track hugging the shore all the way. The cars on the return trip to Boston and beyond, carried fish, processed at the cold storage facility in Provincetown. A by-gone era, it ran for twenty years and is now part of the Cape Cod rail trail. P.S The station is set back but visible on Shore Road!